As nonpartisan, nonpolitical public servants, professional local government managers work behind the scenes for the good of their communities partnering with elected officials, business and community leaders, and their staff of public servants.
I was born and raised in Florida and hold degrees from the University of Memphis and Dyersburg State Community College. I am also a Certified Public Manager through Florida State University. My public service career began as a community volunteer in 1996 often volunteering over 100 hours per month.
As the City manager of Minneola, I have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the City.
- Oversee the hiring, firing, and disciplinary actions of employees.
- Prepare, execute, and monitor the City's budget.
- Advise the City Council on the technical aspects of governmental operations.
- Meet with citizens, businesses, and other community stakeholders.
- Operate the City using the professional understanding of how all of the departments operate interdependently.
- Attend City Council meetings.
- Enforce the laws passed by the City Council.
- Ensure the government is run ethically and transparently.
I expect my staff to meet high standards in service delivery, accountability, and ethics. The City of Minneola’s team are here to serve others in a relevant and meaningful way and are often found volunteering in their communities and schools. Having the heart of a public servant is a prerequisite to joining our team. Our staff are constantly figuring out ways to serve our community in a more efficient and cost effective way.
The City of Minneola’s elected officials and staff, including myself, are your public servants and are here to serve you.
If you have any questions, please give me a call or send me an email. I am also available to meet with you in person either at City Hall or at your home or business.
|Mark Johnson||City Manager||(352) 394 3598|