All fee balances are due two (2) weeks prior to the event. Failure to remit full payment 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the event will result in cancellation of the rental agreement. The security deposit will not be refunded unless City is notified 14 days prior to event cancellation.
|Minneola Resident||$240.00 for first 4 hrs (minimum)||$60.00 each additional hour|
|Non – Resident||$300.00 for first 4 hrs (minimum)||$75.00 each additional hour|
|Minneola Resident||$25.00 per hour|
|Non – Resident||$40.00 per hour|
$100.00 flat fee per event
$ Same as Gymnasium. NOTE: “Council Chamber may be rented under special circumstances with written approval from the City Manager.”
7% on all rentals
Renter is responsible for set-up & break down. * Please allow enough time to accomplish this when determining hours of rental! Tables & Chairs are available for use.
Other Facility Fees
Security Officer: $ 25.00/per hour. *Mandatory for any alcohol function. Please see “Functions Serving Alcohol” section for more details. Note: Hourly cost may be higher depending on security availability. Staff will advise you if this is the case.
Plus $10.00 (flat rate) administrative service fee.
Monday – Saturday *Closed on Sundays. Certain dates / holidays not available – check with Recreation Director for availability.
Rental Hours are 8:00 am to midnight. (These include set up and clean up time.)
Any time past the hour you have paid for will be deducted from your deposit.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY CAPACITY:
NOT TO EXCEED THE FOLLOWING:
|Gymnasium||300 Persons||Meeting Room||45 Persons|
SECURITY / DAMAGE DEPOSIT:
This deposit is due at time of booking. $50.00 deposit for rental of Meeting Room. $200.00 deposit for the gymnasium. $400.00 security deposit for any Alcohol Function. Refund of deposit is dependent upon an inspection of facility by City Staff after the event to ensure that facility has been cleaned, is damage free and restored to prior-rental condition.
Deposit refunds will be issued within 3 weeks of event.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULING
All rental reservations for which City staff has received all required documents and information, including, but not limited to, deposits, insurance, and applications, pursuant to the policies contained herein shall not be rescheduled or canceled by City staff barring an emergency situation not within City’s reasonable control.
However, if the renter is not present for or does not cancel a scheduled meeting with 24 hour notice, the security deposit will be forfeited to the City and a new deposit will be required before another room rental is allowed.
FUNCTIONS SERVING ALCOHOL:
All Alcohol Functions will require a security officer present at the event. The officer will be provided and scheduled by the city. This expense is to be paid by Renter and the cost will be included in the rental fee. Alcohol events shall be approved by the City Manager or designee. Allow yourself time to gain this approval prior to booking the facility for an event.
No alcohol will be allowed during youth oriented events such as youth birthday parties, sweet 16, quince Nero, etc.
Host Liquor Liability Insurance
The City Manager or Designee reserves the right to require Liability/Host Liquor Liability Insurance for any non-alcohol function at a City facility. However, Liability/Host Liquor Liability Insurance listing the City of Minneola as an additional insured party shall be required for any and all alcohol functions at a City facility, and if such insurance is required, renters shall provide the Certificate of Insurance to City at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the event.
ALCOHOL FUNCTION REQUIREMENTS
- Liability/Host Liquor Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 is required
- NO alcohol allowed outside of building.
- NO glass containers allowed outside of building.
Table Availability: 72” (6 ft.) long x 29” (approx. 2 ½ ft.) wide (rectangular)
- Decorations are allowed on the tables and floor only
- Only floating candles are allowed
- Balloons may be used but must be held down by wood or plastic
- No rice or sand allowed
- No confetti allowed inside or outside the building
- No tape or labels allowed on furniture or appliances
- Smoke or fog machines are not permitted
- Hay is not allowed
- Tablecloths are required - not provided by city
- Bubbles and birdseed outside the building are permitted. NO Rice allowed
- No glass containers or bottles allowed outside of building
- No furnishings may be used or moved without permission of the City of Minneola
- All rental equipment brought must be removed from the premises immediately following the event unless other arrangements have been made with Recreation Director or City Manager
The following equipment is available in the kitchen:
- Coffee Urns should be used for serving.
- City kitchen facilities do not have kitchen utensils, cooking pots, serving pieces, dishes, silverware or glassware
- Microwave must be cleaned after use
- All kitchen surfaces/appliances must be cleaned after use
Schedule an Appointment with the Recreation Director. Please have your questions ready at that time for review and clarification. Phone Number 342-394-3598 ext. 2225.
OPENING AND CLOSING FACILITY:
- Staff will meet you at opening time and be available during function
- Staff will lock up at conclusion of event
- Staff may be reached by pager or cell phone. Please ask staff member for this information.
Should be discussed and approved by Recreation Director or City Manager prior to the event date.
- Chaperones are required for all youth functions. One chaperone will be required for every 25 youths attending. Submission of the chaperone list is required two weeks prior to the event when rental fees are due.
- Function must be completed including clean up no later than 12:00 a.m.
- Serving / drinking alcoholic beverages during any youth chaperoned events is prohibited.
- All minors are required to stay inside the building. Chaperones are charged with the responsibility to ensure that minors are not in parking lots or outside of the building.
- A security officer may be required depending on type / size of event. This will be determined by the Recreation Director or City Manager.
- Must be completed by function end time
- All unwanted food must be removed by function end; all decoration items must be removed unless special arrangements have been made
- Any unwanted decorations or food must be placed in trash cans
- City staff will assist taking filled trash bags to dumpster.
- User and/or caterer should clean up kitchen and main room including food spills
- Accidental major spill should be reported to the staff member on duty
- Bathrooms/Restrooms used must be left clean, trash cans emptied and water faucets should be checked for turn-off
- Complete carelessness, disregard or abuse of facility will result in a forfeit of the security deposit and additional fees will be billed.
ALL FEES, SIGNED USE AGREEMENT, FINAL PAYMENT AND OTHER REQUESTS ARE DUE 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT OR THE EVENT WILL BE CANCELLED.